Thursday, February 23, 2012

One month!?!

So much for my good intentions again!

A month...30 days...720 hours...43,200 minutes and my Mandarin has not improved. I did hear one good piece of advice, "Don't give up, it will pay off eventually". Like when it's time for us to move back to the states? I will keep. on. trying. Did I mention it is crazy hard?

We moved into our permanent apartment last Wednesday. Yea!! We moved into a bigger unit with tons of natural light and a great view. It was the easiest move EVER! When we only had to move the same stuff we came with via plane (12 bags of luggage and some extra items we have picked up), it had better have been easy!

Our air shipment and sea shipment have not arrived. We were told that our air shipment would take 2-3 weeks. Um, right. It just pains me to have to go out and buy stuff that I know we already have coming- like knives (I tried to survive with just using an IKEA's kids plastic knife), pots, pans, Tupperware and DIAPERS! But we have proved that we can live with just basic stuff. We won't know what to do with ourselves when all of our crap shows up.

Noah started school last week. It has been a pretty big adjustment but he has done very well. He went to three days a week for three hours a day to 5 days and 7 hours. On his first day, I had asked him if he had learned any Chinese. He replied, "No, it's boring." "Okay, but did you learn anything?" "No, because I wasn't listening!". Well, at least he is honest.



We went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant on Saturday! The manager remembered the guys from their trip back in November and treated us very well! Their tortilla soup was incredible but my favorite thing was....their COFFEE! Oh. My. Goodness. It came in a espresso cup and was a party in my mouth. So yummy. I have got to figure out their secret recipe. Their churros were fab too. The other great thing is that we can order Mexican foods there so we can can make our own! Super excited to try that out this week. They invited us all back for a party they are having on Friday. Should be fun.

Mike, Jessia, Heather and Roger


Bob is doing well at the plant. He has his own assistant and he's not sure how to deal with her. He has his work cut out for him there. He has a 2 hour commute one way every day. He gets the opportunity to get all of his homework done. I am thrilled about that. :)

Our home church is going really well too. It's amazing to see God working in each person. The wife agnostic downloaded a bible on her Kindle! She said she wanted to get one so she could argue with Bob. Hey, whatever it takes. We are going through Genesis now and they have so many questions! I just love watching Bob teach. Noah asked when we can start going to "his" church, so we might try a "real" one this weekend.



At the park enjoying the sunshine

Burning some energy while trying to stay warm


 
Our little haven we call home

No comments:

Post a Comment